Seeking professional, responsible, motivated Mover with valid driver’s license to join premier moving crew in Austin. Responsible for moving truck during moves. General liability insurance provided by ABC Longhorn Moving, but as the Driver, you are expected to return the truck in good working condition, clean and prepped for next move.
As a professional mover, you will be packing and moving customers’ household or office belongings. Moves range from just a single item to an entire home or office. Items to be moved can often weigh several hundred pounds. Moves involving stairways are very common. The workday can be long (a ten-hour day or longer is not unusual). These demands require a person with above average strength, stamina, fitness and skill.
- Carrying heavy items long distances and up/down stairways.
- Manually hoisting heavy items.
- Wrapping furniture and equipment.
- Box-pack items such as breakables, books, artwork, knick-knacks.
- Working with moving equipment and tools.
- Ability to drive a straight or semi truck.
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture and equipment.
- Providing quality, customer service at all times.
- 18+ years old or older
- Must speak English
- Must be good with people, and a responsible adult.
- Must have fitness skills, above average stamina for physical labor and can lift 75lbs on a regular basis.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills needed.
- Must pass background checks.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Commission-based position
- 14-16% ($14-$18/hour) of gross depending on knowledge, expertise, quality of work and feedback from team and customers.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Reputation – ABC Longhorn Moving has been in business for 31 years and has had an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau since 1983. We built our business on large, commercial moves and have branched out to residential in the past three years and specialize in large moves.
- Organization – We are highly organized and focused on customer service and efficient operations. We confirm all details of the move with customers with a walk through and follow up scheduling call so movers don’t show up and have a no-show day from customers.
- If there’s an eviction, domestic dispute, or elderly relocation, we always discuss with movers first and explain this situation to be sure everyone is on the same page.
- Scheduling – We believe in equitable distribution of work to provide opportunity for everyone. We rotate crew members regularly, and keep the work distribution even. There is no favoritism or set crews.
- Moving is hard work. We keep average shifts to 6 hours to keep exhaustion to a minimum and protect our movers.
- Support – ABC Longhorn Moving Management provides full office support for our movers, does not hesitate to send management to a job, or bring on more crew members to finish the job.
ABOUT ABC LONGHORN MOVING
Locally owned and operated since 1984, ABC Longhorn Moving is one of the largest residential and commercial moving companies in Austin, TX with an A+ BBB rating since 1989.
Built upon the industry’s highest professional standards, values and expectations, our experienced and professional movers facilitate residential, apartment, commercial and office moves throughout the greater Austin-area, as well as moves across the state of Texas — usually with same-day delivery, while ensuring the safety and security of your items.
ABC Longhorn Moving is a licensed member of the Department of Motor Vehicles, and has been in good standing with the Austin Better Business Bureau since 1989. For more information please contact us today.