- Disconnect the refrigerator early enough so that it has time to defrost prior to the move.
- Remove any trays and other movable parts.
- Disconnect the ice maker.
2) Washing Machine
- Turn off the water to the washing machine.
- Let the water run for 30 seconds to relieve the pressure in the hose.
- Unplug the washer.
- Unhook all the hoses, including the drain hose at the back of the washing machine.
- Put the hoses in the unit for easy storage.
- Secure any hoses that can’t be disconnected to the back of the washing machine with tape.
- If electric – unplug and remove the vent hose located at the back.
- If gas – turn the gas off and remove the vent hose.
- Pack audio-video equipment in its original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects from which you remove them.