More restaurants, movie theater line up to get into Mueller
Seven restaurants and an Alamo Drafthouse are bound for the Mueller development, the latest commercial additions to the 700-acre mixed-use development in Central Austin.
They’re all expected to open by early 2017 in the Aldrich Street District, a new section of Mueller that features up to 300,00 square feet of retail and restaurant space and 1.8 million square feet of office space. Nearby, two veteran apartment developers — Chicago-based AMLI Residential and Charleston, South Carolina-based Greystar — are adding more than 500 apartments. Already in Aldrich are administrative offices for the Seton Healthcare Family, the Thinkery children’s museum, the performing arts center for the Austin school district and multiple apartment buildings.
The new additions are:
- Bribery Bakery, a cafe specializing in sweet bites, which will open soon on the ground floor of the AMLI building;
- L’Oca D’Oro Pasta Kitchen, also in the AMLI building;
- The Drafthouse, which is being designed by Page Architects and will feature a music stage and an outdoor covered terrace, broke ground earlier this month and is expected to open later this year;
- B.D. Riley’s Irish Pub, the second location for the bar that opened in 2000 on E. Sixth Street;
- Lick Ice Creams, which has two other Austin locations and one in San Antonio;
- Halcyon Coffee, marking its third Texas store in addition to the original that opened 15 years ago on West Fourth Street;
- Stella Public House, a pizza restaurant owned by the founders of Halcyon;
- J.T. Youngblood’s Fried Chicken, a revived chain offering classic Texas dishes.
Those last five restaurants will occupy the bottom floor of the 56,000-square-foot Diamond Building at Aldrich Street and Simond Avenue with two floors of office space above.